23378Re: [Clip] The Rubbish Way to Do It

  • Don
    Nov 13, 2012
      On 11/13/2012 3:12 PM, Adrian wrote:
      >> ^!Jump Doc_End
      >> ^!Find "</credit>" [BS]
      >> ^!Keyboard RIGHT
      >> ^!Keyboard CTRL+SHIFT+END
      >> ^!Keyboard DELETE
      >> ^!Keyboard CTRL+HOME
      >> ^!Find "<credit page"
      >> ^!Keyboard HOME
      >> ^!Keyboard SHIFT+CTRL+HOME
      >> ^!Keyboard DELETE
      >>
      >> ^!Menu Modify/Document to HTML/With Paragraph Tags
      >> ^!Copy All
      >> ^!Close Discard
      >
      > The reason I end up doing this rubbish way is because I get stuck in various parts of the Clip programming help file trying to find the bit that works for what I want. What do I select for all that down the file, for example. Can anyone, very quickly, replace the rubbish above with the better method they already understand. I know students call it 'spoonfeeding' but sometimes it gets you over the hill and becomes useful later.

      I sent out a five liner yesterday that did everything except strip the
      tags. If you give an example of the output format you want, getting it
      right is trivial.

      If you want to do it that way, you should experiment with some keyboard
      delays. I kept getting a half of credit> left behind when I was
      supposed to be on the next line and other little anomalies when I tried
      yours.

      I've now added a couple of lines.

      ^!Replace "(?s).*?(^ *\<credit page\="1"\>.*</credit>).*?\z" >> "$1" RAWS
      ^!Replace "\<.*?\>" >> "" RAWS
      ^!Replace "^ *" >> "" RAWS
      ^!Replace "\R\R+" >> "\r\n" RAWS
      ^!Menu Modify/Document to HTML/With Paragraph Tags
      ^!Select All
      ^!SetClipboard ^$GetSelection$
      ^!Close Discard
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic