23335[Clip] Re: Clips self destruct

  • flo.gehrke
    Oct 30, 2012

      > "flo.gehrke" wrote:
      > > If it has been started from a clipbar, a clip could absolutely run on itself.
      >
      > Nope, and that's a good thing IMHO. Whenever I edit a clip and want to
      > try it out, I'm asked to close it first. No clip will run while its
      > library is open. Conversely I'd expect no library to open while a clip
      > from inside it runs. In this one I'm absolutely with John.

      Aha! I wonder, however, why this has been working for me for many years now?

      It possibly slipped your notice that I speak of clips started from a CLIPBAR.

      When a clip is opened in the clip editor and you try to start that clip clicking on its header in the clipbook - then, of course -, a message pops up:

      'Clip cannot be run while Clip editor is active'.

      But that's not what I'm talking about...

      Regards,
      Flo
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic