2326[Clip] Clip Wrappers [An Error Found and Fixed]

  • Larry Thomas
    Dec 30, 1999
      Hi All,

      I have found an error in my clip. I copied the clip from the email that
      came back to me and used the restore function on it. The restore function
      worked very well and the clip appeared to work well and then I discovered
      that it did not remove the final wrapper at the end. The problem was that
      some way when I was editing and getting it ready, I left out a space in one
      of the variables so that when the clip was wrapped for emailing the ending
      wrapper was not the one that the restore clip would be looking for. It was
      just off by one character - a space - so that it would not be found and
      replaced with nothing as it should have been.

      To fix this, copy the clip into a new document in NoteTab and turn word
      wrap off. Go to line 219 and you should see:

      :Instructive
      ^!Set %StyleTop%=______[Copy below this line]_______

      ^!Set %StyleBottom%= _____[Copy above this line]______^%nl%| right click
      over the clipbook |^%nl%| and choose "Add from Clipboard"
      |^%nl%¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

      Replace this line with:

      :Instructive
      ^!Set %StyleTop%=______[Copy below this line]_______

      ^!Set %StyleBottom%= _____[Copy above this line]______^%nl%| right click
      over the clipbook |^%nl%| and choose "Add from Clipboard"
      |^%nl% ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

      Join the lines between the long line markers and remove the long line
      markers and that should fix the problem.

      The space is in the last line:

      |^%nl% ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

      Sorry for the problem. For the wrapped clip itself you also need to
      manually delete the bottom wrapper since the clip won't do it as it is.

      The bottom wrapper which the restore function was looking for would have been:

      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |

      But the error above turned it into: