23095Re: [Clip] Convert static endnotes to inline notes

    Aug 4, 2012
      Don wrote:
      > Or maybe it was footnotes?

      Yes, I remember. I never used that solution becaus as far as I could see
      it could only run once and was not amenable to later additions or
      deletions. What I now use is a simple renumber that requires the
      footnotes to be in the right order, something not hard to ensure.

      Going back to the matter at hand:
      querulus mentioned the notes being in separate files. If those noteref
      contain not arbitrary numbers but the file names (or if the files are
      named by those numbers like "123.txt") the task becomes even easier.