22621Re: StrPos returns -1 in V7pr5 instead of 0

  • flo.gehrke
    Apr 19, 2012
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Eb" <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

      > I just happen to be looking at the same topic. The description in the WhatsNew file isn't exactly accurate.
      >
      > 1. all the old syntaxes still work.
      > 2. The options are NOT optional. You must use either the old or the new options.

      Eb,

      > 2. The options are NOT optional.

      You are right. Eric corrected that in the latest "What's new?" file now writing '^$StrPos("SubStr";"Str";Options)$', for example.

      What he didn't say so far: Obviously, you can also choose an "empty" option...

      ^$StrPos("SubStr";"Str";)$

      Thus, the search is neither a Wildcard, nor a RegEx Search, and doesn't ignore the case. Note that '^$StrPos("SubStr";"Str")$' without any option (including "empty") returns a syntax error message.

      I hope Eric will also correct that '-1'.

      Regards,
      Flo
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic