22593Re: [Clip] Re: FIND in NTL V7pr3 still acting odd

  • Alec Burgess
    Apr 13, 2012
      On 2012-04-13 19:30, joy8388608 wrote:
      > I'm relatively new to Reg Exps, and don't see why '\R\s*\R' should
      > always be false. New line followed by a line containing only option
      > white space makes sense to me...
      Joy: My understanding is that \s will match linefeed characters (ie.
      both \r and \n) in addition to spaces and tabs so that your trailing \R
      never gets to match since its already been matched by the preceding \R\s*.

      Not tested and if I'm wrong please correct me. IMO, if it was different
      in an earlier version this would be "more" correct.
      Again, not tested but perhaps '\R\s?*\R would work.