22590Re: FIND in NTL V7pr3 still acting odd

  • Eb
    Apr 13, 2012
      Joy,
      this may answer some of your questions, but look to some regexperts for why '(?s).+?(\R\s*\R|\z)' isn't working in ver 7. If I had to guess, I'd say it may not be working correctly in 6.2, and is working properly in 7. By grabbing characters in dot-all mode, the first part of your pattern may be overriding the last part (the blank line detection).

      As to your '^=' search, I cannot duplicate this on my system.

      The compatibility warning results from NoteTab changing the header type ID to '= V7' when you edit a library in ver 7. Ideally this would be triggered only if you use _NEW_ clip commands or functions. Thos incompatible with earlier versions. In practice, I have made innocuous changes (to info clips) and NT7 changed the header.

      As long as you don't have any new functions in your library, you could just load it as a document, and change the 7 back to a 5. That should end the warning.

      Or just leave the header intact, and let the warning tell you that you're using the older NoteTab (works only with those libs, that you've modified in 7).

      Cheers,

      Eb

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "joy8388608" <mycroftj@...> wrote:

      > ... starting on the first line of the sample data below, it selects from MORSE up to and including the empty line before CLEMSON.
      >
      > In V6.2, a non-clip FIND using (?s).+?(\R\s*\R|\z) does this and the two clip lines below (Jump and Find) work in the clip.
      >
      > In version 7pr3, it selects all the way to the end of the document.

      > In 7pr3, ^= finds the first '=' on a line, but F3 (Find Next) finds and selects the second '=' on the line, then the third, etc. Find =$ still correctly finds ONLY '=' at the end of lines.

      > I get some warnings about clip incompatibilities when I go back to 6.2. Can someone tell me what triggers this and what to check for?
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic