22589FIND in NTL V7pr3 still acting odd

  • joy8388608
    Apr 13, 2012
      PLEASE help me figure out what is going on.
      My clips worked fine in NTL6.2 but I found one that no longer works in v7pr3. I even reinstalled 6.2 and verified this as it works in 6.2.

      Part of my clip selects groups of lines from the start of a line containing a name up to a blank line. So starting on the first line of the sample data below, it selects from MORSE up to and including the empty line before CLEMSON.

      In V6.2, a non-clip FIND using (?s).+?(\R\s*\R|\z) does this and the two clip lines below (Jump and Find) work in the clip.

      In version 7pr3, it selects all the way to the end of the document.

      ALSO, if I have a line composed of many equal signs (======) then in 6.2 ^= as well as ^\= finds lines starting with an equal sign and selects the first equal sign. =$ finds '=' at the end of a line.

      In 7pr3, ^= finds the first '=' on a line, but F3 (Find Next) finds and selects the second '=' on the line, then the third, etc. Find =$ still correctly finds ONLY '=' at the end of lines.

      I know I've reported this last problem before in 7pr2 and nobody could reproduce it and it went away when I installed 7pr3. Now it is doing this again. It is not my imagination.

      I don't like to appear to be crying Wolf!, but there is a problem here. My PC is well maintained and clean and works well. I cannot be the only one having these problems and there will be others as more people use V7. I'm sure some of the problems I've reported before are my error, but not all of them.

      I admit I'm not completely clear on the changes to FIND, strcount, strpos, strreplace (I'm waiting for the updated documentation to try to figure it out) but SOMETHING is odd here, my clips don't all work anymore and they used to. I can't keep jumping between versions and am starting to feel uncomfortable trusting V7 so may stick to V6.2 for now.

      I get some warnings about clip incompatibilities when I go back to 6.2. Can someone tell me what triggers this and what to check for?

      Thanks
      Joy

      ^!Jump SELECT_START
      ^!Find "(?s).+?(\R\s*\R|\z)" TIRS