22553Re: [Clip] Version 7 FIND problems

  • Don
    Apr 5, 2012
      I usually always click in a blank part of the regex find so it jumps to
      the top and I go top down. I'm just used to it and I guess my stuff
      isn't "that" big like John's is apparently. It works well for me and I
      use it hourly.

      The history can get long as Art suggests and cluttered.

      What would be really cool Eric is to add a recorder feature for "clip
      building". Do a search and replace, it is what you want, click on
      commit and it saves it as a clip step. You could thus do a series of
      steps and have them all saved as a clip for future use. I do this
      manually all of the time. I get thirty similar documents. I do a
      search and replace, it's successful, so I then copy both halves of it to
      a clip replace and save the clip. Repeat over and over and over until I
      have the clip. Still efficient in the end, but could get way more

      Is it possible to simply write a clip to do this?