22552Re: [Clip] Version 7 FIND problems

  • Art Kocsis
    Apr 4, 2012
      Ii never noticed the search direction option change with RegX either but
      that is just the way RegX doesn't work.

      In NTB7#2 I do not have your problems with double clicking words (WinXP).

      I suppose having a wild card search option may be useful but my first
      reaction is the new GUI will be a PIA. It requires two clicks instead of
      just one and the RegX option is hidden until one clicks on the select box.
      I would much prefer having two always visible check boxes in a slightly
      larger window than being forced to double the click load. I would even
      rather have the previous GUI and forego a wild card option.

      What would be really useful however, would be a way to easily delete a Find
      or Replace history entry. Often I have made a typo or have multiple entries
      in debugging a RegX pattern and the history gets long and cluttered. A
      simple right click and delete on a highlighted entry would be a big
      improvement. Another possible method would be to press the delete key on a
      highlighted entry. This is the method used by Firefox to delete form
      history entries. Or for max convenience, implement both methods.

      Namaste', Art

      At 4/4/2012 06:03 PM, Joy wrote:
      >How about that. I never noticed you could search UP unless Reg Exp was
      >Those problems that some people have and others don't are a bear.
      >I am STILL seeing the problem that a tab in my browser opens when I double
      >click the last or second to last word in a sentence ending with a period.
      >Can anyone reproduce THAT?
      >And double clicking in the middle of a word still selects the word from
      >the click point to the beginning of the word which is how I found the
      >problem above.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic