22549Re: [Clip] Version 7 FIND problems

  • joy8388608
    Apr 4, 2012
      How about that. I never noticed you could search UP unless Reg Exp was checked!

      And the FIND problem I reported went away after I installed NTL V7R3.

      Those problems that some people have and others don't are a bear.

      I am STILL seeing the problem that a tab in my browser opens when I double click the last or second to last word in a sentence ending with a period. Can anyone reproduce THAT?

      And double clicking in the middle of a word still selects the word from the click point to the beginning of the word which is how I found the problem above.

      Joy

      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "John Shotsky" <jshotsky@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Also, I keep hoping for a find 'up' in addition to down and all.
      >
      > The Standard and Wildcard Search allows to search 'up'. With RegEx, it has never been possible to search 'up' or 'backwards' (with 'B' option in a clip). So that's no issue of NT 7.0 but probably due to the way the RegEx Engine works.
      >
      > For more details, see the topic '^!Find Command - Reverse Regular Expression Search' that started with message #18159 of Aug 5, 2008.
      >
      > Regarding Joy's problem (#22539), I can't reproduce that issue. I get 5 to 6 spaces with her sample text, and '^\x20+' is matching correctly all spaces at the beginning of every line. It never includes any letter or number.
      >
      > Flo

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic