22497Re: [Clip] RE: [NTB] Regular Expression: find between two words

  • Don
    Feb 23, 2012
      I'm not sure this is a clip issue, he said he wanted to find something.
      .* would be single line in any event unless you had enabled multi-line
      searches, so why are we hung up on \R, \r or \n? I understand anchoring
      and excluding those, however if this is a first time user it's also
      pretty complex it seems to me.

      Great discussion and I appreciate Eb's explanation for sure!

      On 2/23/2012 2:44 PM, John Shotsky wrote:
      > I don't think that \R will work properly in a negated class in all cases. It is a character class, and \R can include
      > more than one character. I have had a number of errors occur because of this. It is better to use \r\n, as neither of
      > those characters will then be included. If you can't duplicate it, just trust me – under certain circumstances, you can
      > end up with single character line ends, when you expect the Windows standard, of \r\n.
      >
      > As this is actually a clip issue, I copied the clip group, where any further discussion of this functionality should be
      > continued, for the benefit of other clippers.
      >
      > Regards,
      > John
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic