22469regEx help ... all except

  • Don
    Feb 7, 2012
      I want to capture stuff into a () set ...
      ;Random Stuff 'A';
      I want everything between the semi-colons except the " 'A'". That may
      be any letter between A and Z between the single quotes.

      Currently I look for this as I know it will never be more than 49
      characters there:

      But that includes the 'A' in it. So if I use $1 I get the 'A'.

      There may or may not be a 'LETTER' at the end of the string. So if
      there is none, I want to capture all between the ; and if present
      capture all but the space, single quote, capital letter, single quote
      (that always is at the very end).
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic