22416Re: [Clip] Trouble with UTF

  • Art Kocsis
    Jan 11, 2012
      The first thing I thought of is that there is that big difference between
      turning the protect option off vs loading a document as Unicode and then
      turning the read-only off. Even after editing a Unicode doc and saving it,
      the Unicode characters are still intact but they would be lost if the doc
      was loaded as ANSI.

      BTW, Axel, will your clip be available after you get finished tweaking it?

      Art

      At 1/11/2012 11:20 AM, Axel wrote:
      >loro wrote:
      > > You can turn it off in Options, the General tab
      > > Protect Unicode Files:
      >
      >Thanks Loro, I had of course looked there but overlooked that (to me)
      >cryptic option. But what about
      >
      > > As a result, the conversion process may drop non-ANSI and
      > > cause the loss of information.

      <snip>

      >Axel
      >
      >P.S: I still want a warning message. Sometimes I have set files on disk
      >to read-only myself and don't think about it, and i hate it, when
      >editing just refuses to work. Other programs allow full editing and only
      >remap "save" to "save as" in these cases. A much better solution IMHO.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic