22301Re: Finding gaps in a sequence

  • flo.gehrke
    Dec 5, 2011
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "joy8388608" <mycroftj@...> wrote:

      > Flo -
      >
      > Very interesting. Your clip is much faster than mine even
      > when I turned ScreenUpdate off. Mine took 41 seconds and
      > yours took 15 for 17550 lines (aaa to zzz with 26 .rr lines
      > removed). Why? I'm not sure...

      > Flo -
      >
      > Very interesting. Your clip is much faster than mine even when
      > I turned ScreenUpdate off. Mine took 41 seconds and yours took
      > 15 for 17550 lines (aaa to zzz with 26 .rr lines removed). Why?
      > I'm not sure...

      Joy,

      I think there are three main reasons for that:

      1. Assigning the whole list to an array

      2. Calculating ^$ConvertTo26$ only twice -- it's done three times in your clip

      3. Gathering up the gaps with ^!Append and outputting them all at once -- no ^!InsertText

      > I wrote a quick clip to generate the lines aaa to zzz. Let
      > me know if anyone wants me to post the code.

      I put my hand up and would enjoy seeing that clip!

      Flo
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic