22301Re: Finding gaps in a sequence
- Dec 5, 2011--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "joy8388608" <mycroftj@...> wrote:
> Flo -
> Very interesting. Your clip is much faster than mine even
> when I turned ScreenUpdate off. Mine took 41 seconds and
> yours took 15 for 17550 lines (aaa to zzz with 26 .rr lines
> removed). Why? I'm not sure...
> Flo -
> Very interesting. Your clip is much faster than mine even when
> I turned ScreenUpdate off. Mine took 41 seconds and yours took
> 15 for 17550 lines (aaa to zzz with 26 .rr lines removed). Why?
> I'm not sure...
I think there are three main reasons for that:
1. Assigning the whole list to an array
2. Calculating ^$ConvertTo26$ only twice -- it's done three times in your clip
3. Gathering up the gaps with ^!Append and outputting them all at once -- no ^!InsertText
> I wrote a quick clip to generate the lines aaa to zzz. LetI put my hand up and would enjoy seeing that clip!
> me know if anyone wants me to post the code.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>