22284Re: Finding gaps in a sequence

  • Eb
    Dec 1, 2011
      Flo,

      > I've tested it succesfully. In a list of 10,000 3-digit-alpha-codes it needs 118 seconds to find a gap.

      Is that fast or slow?

      > Maybe it's a bit complicated to see those gaps because it outputs numbers and not the code -- but never mind. What matters here is the basic concept.

      To change the output to the original code, just make a copy of the 'codes' array and use the unadulterated copy to display the gap (or display both the original code and the numeric code, since the numbers give a clearer picture of how large the gap is.

      Cheers
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic