22272Re: Variable bug you should know about

  • Eb
    Nov 29 1:33 PM
      John,

      You didn't provide any code so your problem is difficult to understand.

      > the existing option was 'AutoPageNumber',
      > new variable 'AutoPageNumberDown'. I left the original variable as is. No matter how I tried, I could not
      > prevent BOTH variables from being selected if the new one was chosen.

      Don't understand what you mean by this. Select both variables HOW?

      > ... it seems that NoteTab will accept a partial variable name if it matches a longer variable name.

      This too doesn't make sense. However, the other way around, it might.

      ^!Set %var%=short
      ^!Set %varlong%=long

      if you now use a partial variable name in an Info:

      ^!Info ^%var%

      NoteTab will print the content of that partial variable, because it really is NOT a partial variable name at all, but a different variable all together.

      Cheers,

      Eb
      will print "short"
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic