22247Re: [Clip] CTRL+ALT+B won't work

  • Eb
    Nov 19, 2011
      Hey Jean-Francois,

      As Lotta surmised, I did misread your question. I didn't expect "clip" in your question, so I didn't see it. Nor did I check if the reassignment was available in NoteTab Lite (it's not).
      Lotta (and Axel) is also correct in Auto-replace being the closest you can get to keystroke-run clips. But that is pretty close, as the example below will show. Since it does not require any keyboard reassignment, the technique probablyy works on both NTP and NTL.

      Use a new clip library, or one that only uses names that will not auto-execute (clipnames contain spaces), add the following two clips to the library to synthesize a keystroke macro (you'll have to add your own operational code ;-), and trun the library's Auto-Replace mode ON:

      H="Z"
      ;AR_mode keystroke macro manager
      ;if SHIFT is pressed, the AR word and trigger are typed as is, i.e. "Z "
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsShiftKeyDown$ ABORT
      ;run the macro, DISCARD char and trigger
      ^!Clip "macro "
      ^!Goto END
      :ABORT
      ;KEEP the char and trigger
      ^!Set %X%=^%AR_WORD%
      ^!InsertText ^%X%
      ^!Jump SELECT_END

      H="_macro "
      ;keystroke macro, EATS the AR workd and trigger
      ; called by the activation clip, "Z"
      ^!Info [L]Replace this INFO line of code with your desired macro action
      ;the following code suppresses the macro keystrokes "z "
      ^!Set %discard%=^&

      in your document (Warning, AR also executes in the Clip Editor) type the following three variations of the clip name to get three different results:

      type ' z ' runs the macro. (all unshifted)
      type SHIFT+'z ' produces ' Z ' (Upper case Z)
      type ' zSHIFT+SPACE' produces ' z ' (Lower case z)

      Cheers,

      Eb

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jean-Fran├žois Colas <jfcolas@...> wrote:
      > is it really possible to assign key combinations to a clip
      > with a free version?

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic