22236Re: Finding gaps in a sequence

  • flo.gehrke
    Nov 15, 2011
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "diodeom" <diomir@...> wrote:

      > As you pointed out, looping in memory ought to be incomparably
      > faster than taking an illustrative walk over the displayed lines
      > (for either of the index-comparing methods), but for those of us
      > who find rapid regex swaps on 'live' text appealing :) here's yet
      > another exercise in gap-sniffing that doesn't directly evaluate
      > any of the indices; it checks instead for presence of any
      > sequence-breaking patterns....

      So we've seen five solutions now -- that's great!

      @Eb

      For me, your clip didn't provide any result straightaway. But I trust it will do when getting to the bottom of it.

      @Joy

      Yet another interesting approach! When testing your clip with 10,000 codes it works perfectly. On my notebook, it performs that task in 78 seconds.

      @diodeom

      Your second clip is the most efficient solution by far -- it's doing the job within two seconds. Thanks, I'll install that in my clipbooks!

      Flo
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic