21873Re: [Clip] Re: add commas in address string

  • Don
    Jul 3, 2011
      On 7/2/2011 10:22 AM, Axel Berger wrote:
      > Don wrote:
      >> Use a pdf extractor -- great program -- can preserve spacing when
      >> extracting.
      >
      > The problem is, there are no spaces in PDF, just letters and places
      > where to put them. So as letters usually don't touch any extractor
      > including copying out of Acrobat Reader has to guess, whether there is
      > just the normal distance between adjacent letters or an extra space
      > there. Of course some programs, often using dictionaries and other help,
      > are better at guessing than others.
      >
      > Axel

      And A-PDF Extractor thus uses positioning to solve that. Give it a try.
      I do some pretty complex extractions. This should probably go off
      topic if it continues so I'll copy there, but it will preserve the
      "non-existent" spacing by using the relative positions of the content.
      It then has some positioning meta data which I clean with a simple clip.
      I like it a lot and I use it "back and forth" with notetab to extract
      content.
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic