21806What's the path?

  • John Shotsky
    Jun 12, 2011
      This should be simple, but I can't find a straightforward way to do it in the help files.

      I want the path only from the active document. There is a command to get the active doc, but then I have to trim off the
      document name to be left with the path. Is there a way to simply get the path of the active document? The reason for
      this requirement is that other files are expected to exist in the same folder, so the clips need to identify the path
      and append the other file names for specific purposes. I know I can dig it out and store it to a variable, I was just
      wondering if there's a way to simply get the path in any clip.