21690Re: [Clip] 3-Column Table

  • Eb
    Apr 5 7:28 AM
      Let me add to this, that NoteTab's clips started out as blocks of text, assigned to a keyword (the clip name). Even though clips can do much more than those original ones, that early feature is still available, and a mix of text and clip code as well.

      In other words, this is not a designe error, but an evolution, where powerful features ware added, along with backward compatibility.

      The need to watch for blank lines in your code is at worst a trade-off for more features.

      By the way, Ray figured out one of the workarounds - jumping to a label, rather than SKIPping. Another workaround is to place semicolons at the start of every blank line, if its only purpose is to make the code more readable.

      Cheers,

      Eb

      > Axel Berger wrote:
      > > Ray Shapp wrote:
      > >> That looks dangerous because a person might add a few blank
      > >> lines to a clip to make it more legible,
      > >
      > > Begob, you're right! I was convinced that NoteTab would do the right
      > > thing and ignore emty lines, but it doesn't:
      > >
      > > ^!IfSame 1 1 Skip
      > >
      > > ^!Continue Not skipped
      > > ^!Continue skipped
      > >
      > > To me this is a design error and an important point to keep in mind.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Axel
      >
      > Axel, Ray,
      >
      > It is stated in NoteTab help that only 'commented lines, those
      > beginning with semi-colon are not counted during clip execution.
      >
      > SKIP
      > will skip the next instruction (text and blank lines are counted, but
      > not commented lines).

      > ¤• JD#...91 - ¤• SL...727 - 11.04.01~19.38.19
      >
      > • If you write "WASH ME" on my truck,
      > • I'll carve "RESUSCITATE ME" on your chest!!!
      >
      > € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
      >
      > ^!Skip

    • Show all 39 messages in this topic