21511RE: [Clip] RegEx issue with \w and +

  • Pete Turner
    Feb 1, 2011
      Axel Berger wrote:
      > Eb wrote:
      > > press the following keystroke sequences:
      > > ALT+0228 (SPACE) ALT+132
      > > By your reasoning, these should produce the same results
      > > in both editors.
      >
      > Yes and here they do. Win98SE, NoteTab 6.2/fv.
      >
      > Axel

      For me, those sequences both yield the same character, but that character differs depending on the application:

      . In NoteTab Light (in both 4.95 and 5.8), PFE, WordPad, NoteBook, XML Marker, MS Word 2007, Outlook 2007, MS Visual Studio 2005, MS SQL Server Query Analyser 2005 and Uniface IDF I get two lowercase a with umlaut

      . In Notepad I get two uppercase sigma (which when copied and pasted into any of the above applications pastes as two lowercase a with umlaut)

      That's on WinXp Professional Service Pack 3

      So Notepad appears to be the one that's out of step with everything else.

      Pete
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic