21508Re: [Clip] RegEx issue with \w and +

  • Eb
    Feb 1 7:13 AM
      You're right about it being a OS (I/O) function, but you're wrong about that having nothing to do with NoteTab.

      > And I thought I had already given the answer. The different treatment of
      > <Alt><0nnn> and <Alt><nnn> is an OS function working independent of the
      > current character set in any editor. It has nothing to do with NoteTab.

      Just to prove to yourself that your wrong, open a new document in NoteTab, and in MS Notpad, and press the following keystroke sequences:

      ALT+0228 (SPACE) ALT+132

      By your reasoning, these should produce the same results in both editors.

      However, it's the application (NoteTab), that decides what a keystroke means. The OS merely assures, that the app knows which key has been pressed.
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic