21437RE: [Clip] Re: Bright green document tab

  • John Shotsky
    Jan 18, 2011
      I just encountered a green tab, and I had no idea how it was triggered or why it was green. In fact, it was the 'Clip'
      tab, which is the tab that contains all my clips that are in edit mode. I discovered that whichever clip was active last
      was collecting copied items from regular documents! That is, I was getting unformatted text into my clip library because
      NT (or I) somehow got the clip library into garbage collection mode.

      I fixed it by deleting the extraneous text that I found from my clip library, then closing and reopening the clip
      library. But I have no idea how it got in Pasteboard mode. I found the function on the Documents menu, if it happens
      again. I'm glad it turns green, though, because next time I will know not to copy anything until I clear it. I'm still
      not sure how much extraneous text is somewhere in my clip library, only to show up when least expected.

      I don't think it should work on the active clip library, just as you can't run a clip on the active library. My clip
      library is over 800K, and bits and pieces of randomly copied text are most unwelcome! (Fortunately, the pasted bits are
      always at the bottom, so it's a matter of opening each clip and scrolling to the bottom to see what may have been
      collected.)

      I can only surmise that our teenage kittens may have walked on the keyboard while I was away from my computer, since
      Ctrl-Shift are together at one end of the keyboard, and P is at the other, just about the length of our kittens. :-)

      Recipe formatting tools:
      <http://recipetools.gotdns.com/> http://recipetools.gotdns.com
      Beaverton WeatherCam:
      <http://shotsky.gotdns.com/> http://shotsky.gotdns.com