21392Re: [Clip] Re: Problems with clip and deleting between text

  • Don
    Jan 4, 2011
      On 1/4/2011 7:47 AM, mikeyboy351 wrote:
      > Don, Eb,
      > I tried adding a delay of up to 20 just before the text was selected, after it was deleted and after the jump to the previous position at the start of the loop all to no avail. there was still clip text appearing in my loaded file and sometimes the text was not replaced. I even tried setting the debug option but with over 4000 lines of text it is not really an option. The files are 40M a piece and I have 4 of them to process.
      > In the end I broke the 40M files into 3 (one for each month of takings) and retried and lo and behold even without the delay everything works fine. I am not sure why but I have solved the problem to some extent, the next thing to do is to automatically split the file... but that is for another day.
      > The learning curve has been rather steep as this is my first foray into clip programming but I will persevere. Thanks for the help and suggestions.
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Mike

      I'm guessing memory issues may be the thing.
      The set debug can go anywhere and it can be triggered on a counter if
      you want to.
      The learning curve is worth it so keep at it -- but it took me a while
      as well.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic