21384[Clip] Re: Finding help for an optimal use of NoteTabPro

  • Eb
    Jan 3, 2011
      I've had occasion to toy around with multiple verb forms.
      It never led to anything, but the approach I took was to create a database file (just a text file, with comma-delimiters) containing the list of verbs of interest.

      The fields were organized under the headers of
      "I,you,he,she,it,we,you,they,(repeating in the verious tenses, to all possible forms (for example 'I will have,you will have,...)"

      I then used a custom function to extract the proper form for a given verb, by passing the index to the desired tense and person.

      ^$UdfGetVerb(^%verb%;^%tense%;^%person%)$

      The guts of the Udf was:

      ^!Set %result%=Error message
      ^!SetArray %args%=^&
      ;test args for numbers, then:
      ^!Set %field%=^$Calc(^%tense%*^%person%)$
      ^!Set %Result%=^$GetField(^%args1%;^%field%)$

      Once created, the template clip (containing multiple udf calls) would run the udf clip each instance, and automatically parse as the correct verb form.

      Good luck.

      Eb

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Forkin" <pm4kin@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the response. My real problem lies in being able to give English words, role tags, to allow them to be translated correctly.
      >
      > As examples:
      > 1. the English direct article "The" has 24 variants in German

      Hmm, are you sure you're not overating the scope of 'the'?

      > 2. the indirect article has 12 variants
      > 3. Adjectives have 24 and
      > 4. Nouns have 4.

      I'd be curious to see the 4 variants for, say, "table".
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic