21381Re: [Clip] Re: Problems with clip and deleting between text

  • Don
    Jan 3, 2011
      I hate excel -- for just such reasons :-)
      You can format the excel document as text before starting and solve that
      problem -- which I do when working with times which it mistakes for dates.

      It sounds like you may have a memory issue -- try adding some clear
      variables in to clean up the memory as you go.

      Without testing it I'm kind of shooting in the dark here.

      On 1/3/2011 7:11 AM, mikeyboy351 wrote:
      > Eb,
      > Thanks for the prompt response.
      > The problem is that the selected text doesn't delete when it is fully automated but if I use the !^Continue, halt the code and then use the delete key it works fine but for one replace only. I thought that it might be something to do with loosing the position of the start and end places to select but I am not sure. When automated the first few times through the loop seem fine but after about 20 replaces it seems to stop working as it should and sometimes the between text is deleted and sometimes not and there is also some corruption with clip code being inserted into my text files. The test files i am working on are very large. I have solved the problem using Excel and writing some vba but I would like it to be done in notetab as some of the text lines have characters that excel recognises as equations.
      > Regards
      > Mike
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic