21218[Clip] Re: Have we got a numeric sort yet?

  • Paul
    Nov 2, 2010
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Pete Turner <pete.turner@...> wrote:
      > Until Eric answers our prayers, how about creating a new document on the fly, copying the variable to it, then doing a regex find/replace on the document, copying back to the variable, then deleting the document?

      That's a great idea Pete, it works and the implemented solution can be found in the files section as a clip you can call from any other clip.

      I also provided a neat way of sorting a kind of hash array in the format number#some text.

      Using ^!SetScreenUpdate 0 means the process of creating a temp document and subsequent processing is completely transparent.

    • Show all 32 messages in this topic