20889Counting delimiters

  • isola_60185
    Jul 28, 2010
      I searched for a clip that did this but maybe I missed it. Is there a way to have NoteTabPro tell you what position (not character position) you are in a delimited file based on the delimiters?

      Currently I have to import text files into Excel to know what position or column I'm in.

      For example, if I have a tab-delimited file with 100 characters between each tab and I'm on the 8th tab, I want to see position 8 instead of position 800 (or whatever it would be).

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic