20698regex to remove ties

  • Don
    May 24, 2010
      I have data I regularly receive that looks like this:
      HIGH JUMP -- 1. SAMANTHA STEIN, Flushing, 5-7; 2. Catherine Cielinski,
      Midland, 5-2; 3. becca mills, Midland Dow, 5-2; 4. Molly Walker,
      Traverse City Central, 5-0; 5. Morgan Auernhammer, Bay City Western,
      5-0; 5. Breyone Hatfield, Saginaw Arthur Hill, 5-0; 7T. JORDYN SEVERT,
      Traverse City West, 4-9; T. Amy Rooker, Fenton, 4-9; T. Julie Gilbert,
      Fenton, 4-9; T. Tori Blake, Midland, 4-9.

      I need it instead to be this:
      HIGH JUMP -- 1. SAMANTHA STEIN, Flushing, 5-7; 2. Catherine Cielinski,
      Midland, 5-2; 3. becca mills, Midland Dow, 5-2; 4. Molly Walker,
      Traverse City Central, 5-0; 5. Morgan Auernhammer, Bay City Western,
      5-0; 5. Breyone Hatfield, Saginaw Arthur Hill, 5-0; 7. JORDYN SEVERT,
      Traverse City West, 4-9; 7. Amy Rooker, Fenton, 4-9; 7. Julie Gilbert,
      Fenton, 4-9; 7. Tori Blake, Midland, 4-9.

      The difference is that I replaced numbers for the T characters.

      The first one is 7T. and it becomes just 7.

      Subsequent ones I replace the T with a 7

      It is possible that there may be more than one tie ...
      I could have: 4T T and then 6T T T ... so ideas how to solve this with
      regex?
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic