20618Re: [Clip] use of notetab to download files off internet

  • Don
    May 2, 2010
      On 5/2/2010 8:26 AM, Axel Berger wrote:
      > Don wrote:
      >> They open in notetab as read only files.
      >> On my old machine this was not true.
      > I think it's the browser. If you tell most browsers to "open with" a
      > file instead of "save as" then on closing the browser it will delete the
      > file. I presume your new browser retains ownership of the file, while
      > the old one did not. The solution I use in every case, where I want to
      > do more with a file than just have a quick look into it, is not to open
      > it from the browser but save it and open from disk.
      > Axel
      I am in firefox, I click tools/options and then choose application
      notetab pro.
      I don't see any option there to change how it downloads it.

      Dave, your idea works that is better than having to save it -- but if I
      could figure out how to not have it as read only in the first place.
      Axel may be right -- it may be caused by the browser.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic