20487Re: [Clip] Re: modifying format of stats tool output & concatenating stats from many files

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Mar 1 2:29 PM
      > Hi Don, I've missed you!
      Guest appearance ;-) Prodigal son?

      > "(?=" signifies a lookahead assertion. There is an equal sign inside the look ahead assertion, (?=\=). It may not need that backslash, but it makes it easier to see (at least for me). So, an equal sign must follow (looking ahead) the %xxx% to be a match. The equal sign is not actually part of the matched text.

      Look ahead and look back assertions are currently over my head -- I need
      to solve that. It's funny in one way because regex won't search
      backwards, but it will look back ...

      So that bit that kind of looks like a rear end ... (?=\=) ... really is
      just to say "followed by an equals sign." It has three characters (?=
      to say look ahead ... find an equals sign (escaped for good measure) and
      closing parenthesis.

      If we wanted the search pattern followed by a letter R it would be (?=R)
      if I follow correctly ... can it also accept or patterns (?=r|R) and so
      forth?
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic