      From: Alec Burgess <buralex@...>
      To: ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, February 4, 2010 3:39:05 PM
      Subject: Re: [Clip] Re: ^!MkDir

      This is an interesting thread though getting close to off-topic now. :-)
      (though all of the stuff we're talking about CAN be run from an NTB clip)

      I'm running WinXP and have cygwin and UnxUtils installed. I can't find
      any mkdirhier *BUT* when I check help for cygwin's mkdir I get:
      > sh-3.2$ mkdir --help
      > Usage: mkdir [OPTION] DIRECTORY...
      > Create the DIRECTORY(ies) , if they do not already exist.
      >
      > Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
      > -m, --mode=MODE set file mode (as in chmod), not a=rwx - umask
      > -p, --parents no error if existing, make parent directories as
      > needed
      > -v, --verbose print a message for each created directory
      > -Z, --context=CTX set the SELinux security context of each created
      > directory to CTX
      > --help display this help and exit
      > --version output version information and exit
      so the --parents argument appears to be what Lotta originally wanted.
      Note: that (afaict) executing mkdir at cmd prompt uses the (native) DOS
      mkdir while entering 'bash' or 'sh' (ie. one of the unix shells) at
      that command prompt ... then ... mkdir executes the cygwin or UnxUtils
      mkdir.exe

      so that gives us about 100 different ways to skin the cat :-)

      Al - if you do mkdir --help do you have the -p option?

      --
      Regards ... Alec (buralex@gmail & WinLiveMess - alec.m.burgess@ skype)