19709Re: [Clip] Showing messages

  • ebbtidalflats
    Sep 23, 2009
      Lotta, John,

      HTAs require Internet Explorer. The file "mshta.exe" (delivered as part of Internet Explorer, launches HTAs, when IE encounters them.

      You can use this file directly from NoteTab:

      H="Instant HTA"
      ^!Mshta "^$GetDocName$"

      This command works on plain text files (.txt extension!)
      or html files or hta files (in fact, an html file with an hta extension will work just as well as with an html extenison.

      The MAIN difference between plain text files and html files is, that you can size the window!

      <head>
      </head>

      html formatted text here, or

      <pre>
      plain text here
      </pre>

      </BODY>
      </HTML>

      For more info about HTAs, check the url:

      http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536471(VS.85).aspx

      Cheers,

      Eb

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, loro <tabbie@...> wrote:

      > John wrote:
      > >I have actually managed to create one of these .hta's that works,
      > >and which is able to link to a document on the
      > >internet for 'more details'. It does everything I need, and more. If
      > >my users aren't using IE, are they SOL?
      >
      > No, but if they aren't using Windows they are. Actually, I'm not sure
      > if that window is a component of IE or a component of Windows.
      > Doesn't matter, if they use Notetab they should have both Windows and
      > IE, even if they prefer another browser.
      >
      > Glad it worked for you. I love those little windows because they
      > look so neat and I can keep them open as long as I want and still
      > work in Notetab. That was what made me use them to start with. Hope
      > you don't run into any problems, because I don't know much about HTA,
      > so I may not be able to help out.
      >
      > >I will convert my information files to this format, and distribute
      > >them to my users. Now to sharpen up my html skills.
      >
      > For new stuff you could have a clip create them, but maybe that's
      > overkill. I dump mine together with any icons in a folder called INFO
      > inside Notetab's folder.
      >
      > Lotta

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic