19707Re: Showing messages

  • flo.gehrke
    Sep 21, 2009
      > In my clip library, I have some clips to display multi-
      > paragraph 'How to' information. I've been using the ^!Info
      > command to display this information. The problem is that it comes
      > up with a very small window, and users have to resize
      > it to read it. I would like to use another method to show this
      > data, where I can preset the height and width (and font,
      > if possible) of the message box. I also want to display blank
      > lines between paragraphs, and list steps 1., 2., 3., etc...

      You can widen the Infobox with...

      ^!SetWizardTitle ~^$StrFill("^%Space%";50)$^$StrFill("^%Space%";56)$~
      ^!Info [L]1. First paragraph!^P^P2. Second paragraph^P^P3. Third paragraph...

      You also may write...

      ^!SetWizardTitle ~^$StrFill("^%Space%";70)$~

      but note that it needs a character at the left and the right to work, for example a '~'.

      The hight always follows the amount of lines.

      Right-clicking in the Infobox will bring up a context menu that lets you select another font. But this is stored in the INI, so it works on your own computer only (unless your partners will change that too).

      Maybe it's useful not to store long messages in the clip itself but in TXT files and display them with...

      ^!Info [L]^$GetFileText(^$GetDocumentPath$message03.txt)$

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic