19406[Clip] Re: Unicode conversion (Previously on Basic list)

  • Sheri
    Jul 8, 2009
      > I found a new problem with these files - there are non-printing spaces in it. I see printing spaces and CR's, but these
      > are apparently a high-order space which simply looks like a space but isn't an ASCII space. If I copy and search for it,
      > it finds them, but the search window shows only a blank, not the code that it represents. Is there any way to determine
      > the code for a given character, so I could build a clip to replace it with an ASCII version? If not, I can make the
      > replace work with a copied version, but that's not very obvious when reviewing it later.

      I posted an updated version of the clip here:

      It now replaces non-breaking spaces.

      Also if the source document cannot be processed using regex in UTF8 mode (which probably means the source document was not unicode or utf8), it opens the document as ANSI and replaces single character fractions (half, quarter and three quarters) and non-breaking spaces. Those characters are all available in the Western Ansi code page.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic