19402[Clip] Re: Unicode conversion (Previously on Basic list)

  • Sheri
    Jul 7, 2009
      > I found a new problem with these files - there are non-printing
      > spaces in it. I see printing spaces and CR's, but these are
      > apparently a high-order space which simply looks like a space but
      > isn't an ASCII space. If I copy and search for it, it finds them,
      > but the search window shows only a blank, not the code that it
      > represents. Is there any way to determine the code for a given
      > character, so I could build a clip to replace it with an ASCII
      > version? If not, I can make the replace work with a copied
      > version, but that's not very obvious when reviewing it later.

      You probably meant non-breaking spaces which are hex A0. Unless they show as question marks when opened in the normal way, they are within the 256 ansi-supported characters.

      You can see what it is (in hex) by highlighting it and running this clip:

      ^!Info \x^$IntToHex(^$CharToDec(^$StrCopyLeft("^$GetSelection$";1)$)$)$

      You can replace (in the current document) all non-breaking spaces with normal spaces using:

      ^!Replace "\xA0" >> "\x20" RAWS0

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic