19307Re: [Clip] Which list WAS [NTB] Stripping text up to a given character

  • Alec Burgess
    Jun 7, 2009
      fw7oaks (fw7oaks@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-06-07 at 17:10):
      > --- On Sun, 6/7/09, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:
      >
      > [snip]
      >
      > > > LOL, Per our charter: "We hope to use the regular list for basic
      > NoteTab
      > > > "How to" questions and other NoteTab assistance in general. The
      > NoteTab
      > > > Clips List is to be used for the Clips and more advanced topics
      > like
      > > > RegExp."
      >
      > So what is the 'scripts' list for ?

      IIRC it was originally set up for discussing things like running Perl
      (or other scripting languages) from within clips. Some of our
      discussions on this list about using DOS commands / unix via cygwin etc.
      might have been done on that list.

      The idea was that such discussion might be irrelevant for the "average"
      clips user/creator. Volume has never been sufficient to really justify
      its use so anything that might go there can instead be done here and
      those not-interested can just use the <DEL> key :-)