19078Re: [Clip] This clip screws up NoteTab pro

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Apr 7, 2009
      Vance E. Neff wrote:
      > Don,
      >
      > Thanks, for some reason that fixed it. I'll attempt to keep away from
      > ^!Keyboard commands in the future.
      >
      > Vance
      Keyboard commands add timing into the equation ... the command takes a
      keyboard stroke figuratively and so they vary with the speed of your
      processor. Most any other command executes fully before moving on, but
      a keyboard command only send the message to "stroke" the keyboard
      essentially. So in this case, you may have had a command executing
      prematurely because the keyboard stroke had not occurred even though it
      was in process.

      Often if you add keyboard strokes, it is worthwhile to add a delay
      following them to be sure the computer actually received the stroke
      before moving on. However there can be problems with timing just moving
      from one machine to another in that one may require more delay than another.

      Always best to avoid keyboard commands when not needed.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic