18920Re: [NTB] Bug still not fixed? Clip fix, maybe.

  • hsavage
    Feb 1, 2009
      Jeff Scism wrote:
      > Ugly Me wrote:

      Ugly,

      I don't think this is a bug. I think it's working exactly as designed.

      Notetab recognizes if the file is a Unicode text file or UTF-8 Web page
      and makes it Read-Only, within NoteTab, upon loading.

      This doesn't necessarily mean the disk file is Read-Only also.

      I run into this now and then but until now it wasn't such a problem that it
      required writing a clip.

      I have written a clip now that should check all open files and those that
      are Unicode text files or UTF-8 Web pages should change status to allow
      editing. I haven't a very good way of testing this clip because I seldom
      run into a Unicode or UTF-8 Web page.

      I realize this is not the clips list but I'll insert the clip and CC this
      message to the clips list, which you can put into a clipbar, and the next
      time you have several files loaded you can run the clip on the open files.

      As I said, I can't reliably test it but, it should work.

      H="Change Loaded UniCodeFile Write-ability"
      ^!Set %docindex%=C:\Documents and Settings\User\desktop\emdoc.emd
      ^!SetScreenUpdate 0
      ^!Set %openfilenum%=^$GetDocCount$; %openfileindex%=0
      :LOOP
      ^!Inc %openfileindex%
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%openfileindex%
      ;
      ; Changes the NoteTab Read-Only status if FileName
      ; is a Unicode text file or UTF-8 Web page
      ;
      ^!IfFileUnicode "^$GetDocName(^%openfileindex%)$" NEXT ELSE SKIP
      ^!KeyBoard Shift+Ctrl+R
      ;
      ; the next line would help if the disk file were read-only but I doubt
      that it is
      ; ^!SetFileAttr "^$GetDocName(^%openfileindex)$" -r
      ^!If ^%openfileindex% = ^%openfilenum% NEXT ELSE LOOP
      ^!SetDocIndex ^$GetDocIndex(^%docindex%)$

      ºvº SL_day# 032 - created 2009.02.01_23.14.12

      Life is a thirst.
      • Leonard Michaels

      € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic