18759Re: NAND per sand (NOT Ampersand)

  • Sheri
    Dec 1, 2008

      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "ebbtidalflats" <ebbtidalflats@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I have a user-defined function (custom function) which under
      > > SOME conditions does not execute its code as expected...
      > > When I use ^& as argument passer...

      Hi Flo,

      That was a misstatement. ^& is not an argument pass-er, it is the
      argument pass-ed.

      You can send optional text or data to a clip. If a clip refers to ^&
      it is getting that optional "argument". If nothing has been explicitly
      sent, it uses selected text in the document.

      For example:

      H="Test Hello"
      ^!Clip "Hello" Flo

      H="Hello"
      ^!InsertText Hello ^&

      Running the test clip would have the same result as running hello clip
      after preselected "Flo" in the current document.