18753[Clip] Re: Creating and passing variables

  • ebbtidalflats
    Nov 29 8:26 AM
      2 cents more:

      I use help extensively, since I have a memory like a leaky lifeboat.
      The biggest problem with clip code syntax for newcomers (and ol hands)
      is it's special characters (^!#$%&*). Yet one cannot search form them
      in help.

      Add to that two other problems with an otherwise excellent help system:

      1. the clipcode topics are not in alphabetical order
      2. the index requires typing the special symbols to find
      functions and commands.

      AND, since these characters must be typed, why is there no separate
      entry for special characters, that require no additional text
      characters ( ^& ^* ^# )

      Couldn't / should't we all lobby Eric for at least a special help
      entry for special characters in the ClipCode help?

      Hey, It's the morning after during a holiday weekend, and I haven't
      yet had a hair of the dog that bit me.

      Look for more comments about the irritating ^&.
      "NAND per sand"

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:
      > Alec Burgess wrote:
      > >Notetab help files (and many other programs) have a Favorites tab.
      > Well, that wouldn't have helped the OP who didn't know what he was
      > looking for. Me, I only search for it when someone asks about it and
      > I want to give them the exact page. Think I'll remember till the next
      > time, but I don't.
      > Lotta
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic