18744Creating and passing variables

  • Robin & Blaine Clark
    Nov 25, 2008
      I want to pass the currently open .htm file to a remote browser choice
      clip to test the .htm file I'm editing under several different
      browsers. I think these are the steps that I need to complete, but;
      How to create and then pass the needed variables?

      Focus on currently open file in NoteTab ... which may not be needed
      since the file would already be focused?
      ^!FocusDoc
      Get its file name & path, and save it somehow.
      ^$GetExpandedName$
      Now, collect that result and convert it to link format.
      ^$FileToUrl("FileName")$
      Next, pass the resultant variable to my remote browser choice clip.
      ^!FarClip "Programs:Browser Choice" %variable%

      I've looked the help file over, but I can't find how to save and pass
      the results from the two ^$X$ commands.
      Thanks.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic