18472Re: [Clip] Insert blank line between every line of text

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Oct 5, 2008
      Flo wrote:
      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:
      >> Note: any blank lines would be turned into four blank lines -
      >> if you want (say) to change those to only two blank lines you
      >> could replace all ^P^P^P^P by ^P^P^P
      >
      > Alec,
      >
      > Why don't you write...
      >
      > ^!Replace ".\K\r\n(?!\r\n|\Z)" >> "\r\n\r\n" AWRS
      >
      > ...to prevent empty lines from being doubled?
      >
      > Flo

      Okay, I give?
      .\K is what? anything but a line end?
      is not followed by another return or by file end? Is \Z a file end.
      | means or, correct?

      I tried to understand it by just reading it instead of looking things up
      as I usually do. I'm willing to get out the book again but figure you
      just know such things cause you're smart!

      DP
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic