18467Re: [Clip] Insert blank line between every line of text

  • Alec Burgess
    Oct 5, 2008
      chris_mclean1954 (chris_mclean@...) wrote (in part) (on
      2008-10-05 at 03:09):
      > I have been directed to this group by NoteTab support. I sent them a
      > question asking if it is possible to tell NoteTab to insert a blank
      > line between every line of text in a text document. They told me that
      > it is a simple thing to do with a clip. However, until I got this
      > message I had never even heard of clips, so you can see that I am a
      > total beginner at this.
      >
      > Can anyone tell me whether it is possible for a complete beginner,
      > only
      > using the Help function within Notetab, to create (or even use) a Clip
      > to do this? If it is possible, any help with doing this would be
      > greatly appreciated.
      >
      > I am formatting text for viewing in a small Personal Media Player
      > (Cowon D2). I set the text to 45 characters width, and find that it is
      > much easier to read if there is a blank line between each line of
      > text.
      Hi Chris:
      You can do this w/o using a clip at all ...
      Just go to Replace dialog and replace all occurrences of ^P by ^P^P (^P
      is a token that represents a line-feed) so this will turn single-spaced
      lines into double-spaced.

      Note: any blank lines would be turned into four blank lines - if you
      want (say) to change those to only two blank lines you could replace all
      ^P^P^P^P by ^P^P^P

      If you want to do more complicated text processing then you may want to
      start learning how to use clips to do so. I just had a look at the top
      of the Help-Help on Clip Processing and I think its possible to learn
      how by reading it, especially if you've done programming or scripting in
      any language before.

      Its worth looking at the clips in the sample clips library as models or
      just to see how certain tasks can be done.

      If/when you want to tackle the bigger jobs feel free to come back and
      ask for help or even for a clip to do a specific job. We're a friendly
      group :-)

      Several years ago, Jody Alistair (RIP) wrote a 6 part (originally
      intended to be 10 parts) lesson/tutorial. I'm sure its still available
      somewhere in or under the Notetab web site but can't find it at the moment.

      Maybe someone else knows where to locate it?