18340Re: PowerShell (was:: [Clip] capture command prompt output in notetab?)

    Sep 7, 2008
      Alec Burgess wrote:
      > Did you get it from http://4dos.zzl.org/ ?

      I believe not. As far as I can remember I'm running the last
      official verson from the original site, i.e. the one that used to be
      sold.

      > At least for me, the install procedure seemed very confusing

      Yes. It's DOS old-style. If you know your way around in there,
      replacing the standard COMMAND.COM is nothing special but looking at
      it from a Windows background it will be.

      I don't use it that much, but I have often felt the severe limits of
      the DOS batch command language, making what I wanted to do
      impossible or forcing a very roundabout way. 4DOS solves most of
      that at the price, at least for me for the time being, of a lot of
      concentrated help file reading.