18333PowerShell (was:: [Clip] capture command prompt output in notetab?)

  • Alec Burgess
    Sep 7, 2008
      cc: to NTO
      Axel Berger (Axel-Berger@...) wrote (in part) (on 2008-09-05 at
      03:54):
      > "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
      > > Is there a way to grab the output?
      >
      > Probably a silly question:
      > Just adding "> file.txt" after the command does not work?
      >
      > N.B: For those who have not heard: 4DOS has become freeware!
      > Looking at the price I always said: "I must get it, but not right
      > now." Now I have and should have done a long time ago.

      I went to look for it - afaict the original creator has made it
      open-source. He appears to have developed something new while someone
      else has taken over the reins of the original 4DOS. Did you get it from
      http://4dos.zzl.org/ ?

      At least for me, the install procedure seemed very confusing ....

      Anyhow, I finally decided to try PowerShell (free from MSOFT) (works
      with WinXP and Vista notwithstanding " windowserver" in the link:
      http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/management/powershell/default.mspx

      From links on its site and a little bit of googling I found two
      different but (I think) related IDEs (Integrated Development Environments):

      * PowerShellAnalyzer - http://powershell.com/announce/default.aspx#
      * PowerGUI - http://powergui.org/downloads.jspa

      PowerShell has bit of a learning curve but both IDEs offer really nice
      debugging line by line executions, while you're learning.
      PowerShellAnalyzer has a really neat feature: select some lines and
      execute them with Ctrl+F7
      Power GUI has (IMO) better integrated Help.

      They are both like Sheri's ClipCode Syntax on steroids :-)

      To bring it back to Notetab (and justify not throwing this directly to
      NTO) I think (though not yet tested) the same ^$GetDosOutput()$ clipbar
      we were discussing elsewhere in this thread should work with PowerPro.

      Sheri - you're into this kind of thing - have you (or anyone else here)
      used PowerShell?