17257Re: [Clip] Timer Clip

  • Alan C
    Jan 9, 2008
      On Jan 9, 2008 8:46 AM, Flo <flo.gehrke@...> wrote:

      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I assume you the remind me.clb..."This library shows how you
      > > can use the timer Clip event to create a
      > > scheduler...
      >
      > I'm still wondering how far a timer clip and another clip can be run
      > parallelly.
      >
      > The Clip Help (on ^!Timer Start) says: "Note that the Clip is not
      > executed if the Clipbook is already in the process of executing
      > another Clip." A small test doesn't seem to confirm that statement.

      (if I recall correctly) my past experience that timer clip gets clobbered or
      fails to run *if* the timing happens such that "timer clip starts or
      attempts to start while another clip is in the process of running"

      That was with the 4.95 and older ver. Notetab.

      I'm sure your exception works. 5.x is later and has some changes over the
      4.95

      (from the ver. 4.95 days) AFAIK the only way to run two clips simultaneously
      is to run two Notetabs by the method of using a 2nd ini via the command line
      to start the 2nd Notetab. Each of the 2 Notetabs is independent of each
      other and can do its own thing.

      I've previously used a 2nd Notetab to run timer and/or do other things.
      Unfinished projects is another potential use (just leave all the files open
      in *that* Notetab since Ntab restarts with all files open where the last
      session left off.

      --
      Alan.