17254Re: Timer Clip

  • ebbtidalflats
    Jan 7, 2008
      NoteTab timer clips are in my opinion the
      LEAST-valuable events in NoteTab. I hasten
      to add, that I LOVE Notetab, but...

      timer events only work if you allow them to
      steal resources in the background. Timer
      clips interfere with other clips. And
      vice versa.

      Investigate the Windows Scheduler instead.
      As far as I know, it comes with every
      version of Windows.

      I use it for birthdays and such via a batchfile,
      that pops up a reminder window when run.

      You then program Windows' scheduler to run that
      batchfile, when the occasion requires.
      Either at boot time, or shutdown, or at a
      specific time of day.

      On my system, the scheduler is located in the
      Control Panel.

      Cheers,

      Eb

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "essex1" <rpknet@...> wrote:

      > I'd like to use a Timer Clip to remind me of birthdays, appointments,
      > and meetings. The Clip that comes with NoteTab doesn't explain how to
      > make it work. I really need your help here.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic